Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Spring Semester PE Goals

As a new student, Pronunciation Exercises will definitely be a new challenge, but I feel confident that I will be able to improve on my fluency throughout the semester. I think that my speaking sounds relatively natural and my American accent is not blaringly obvious, but I think that by carefully nailing the nasal "n" sound and focusing on prosody, I will start to sound more natural. 

My methods of reaching this goal are:
  1. Shadow anime in order to understand not only prosody of words and phrases, but also how to convey emotions.
  2. Go to office hours (especially with Shibata sensei) at least once every two weeks in order to get a better grasp of pitch. 
  3. Speak conversationally with other Japanese students and native speakers in order to become more comfortable with the language and better at quickly forming coherent responses. 
I hope I will begin to sound more natural though these methods and also gain more accuracy in my pronunciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment